Gifts that make an impact now
Learn about the ways you can join the fight against PKD.
Many gifts have benefits for you and your loves ones too!
Recommend a grant now from your donor-advised fund
IRA charitable rollover
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to the PKD Foundation. This is an effective way to have an immediate impact and ensure our shared mission to find treatments and a cure is successful. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to the PKD Foundation
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to the PKD Foundation so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 72 and older, the transfer of funds counts toward your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
You can learn more about IRA giving and how it benefits you.
If you are ready to make this gift, you can download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
Memorial or tribute gift
When you give a memorial or tribute gift for the PKD Foundation to honor someone special, you’re expressing your love, admiration, and gratitude in one of the most meaningful ways there is. Your gift will honor your loved one, create a lasting tribute, and drive support, education, and awareness for PKD patients, their families, and our communities.
Gifts of securities
A donation of cash is the most direct way to support the PKD Foundation. You benefit from a charitable tax credit while taking positive action to end PKD. You can make your gift online with our Donate Now form or by sending a check or money order by mail to:
PO Box 871847
Kansas City, MO 64187
If you’re sending a check or money order, please let us know if you would like your gift to be used for a specific purpose.